Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hindsight Is 20/40 - Being Mary Jane



BET aired the latest episode of its new hit series Being Mary Jane tonight and I must say I was glued to my tv. The hashtag in the corner of the screen was #Unraveling and it was a theme for the entire episode.  It really fit. A lot of things happened this episode: Mary Jane broke up with Andre and he moved out, Paul Jr got in some legal troubles, Patrick refused to take a weekly drug test and decided to instead move out,  Niecy wants her tubes tied and Helen decided she getting her man back!

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm glad MJ nixed things with Andre. I do believe they love each other, but is their love enough? Does Andre actually love Mary Jane more than his wife, Avery? Is Andre actually going to leave his family in order to be with Mary Jane? As a viewer, I don't know. Mary Jane doesn't even know, and I think that's where the ultimate problem lies. Andre told her he was married and she continued her romance so that wasn't the issue. It was the unanswered questions that plague her mind. Those questions were all answered for me when Andre went to his wife's house to tell his kids about the divorce and left without even letting them know he was there. I was rooting for Andre. He is just so fine!

Paul Jr and Niecy are too grown spoiled brats! While Paul Jr's intentions may be good for selling weed, he acted so rudely to Andre and Mary Jane after they helped him get out of his legal troubles. I agree with MJ when she said that Niecy makes bad decisions. She does! She's having children and depending on her family members to take care of them. Then she gets snarky and disrespectful to Mary Jane, who in my opinion is her real Baby Daddy. Paul Jr and Niecy need to realize that Mary Jane is only trying to help, though her attitude may not be the best.

I hope Patrick isn't about to move out and relapse. I feel like that's going to be his storyline for next season. Also, Kara needs to realize that by letting them go live with their dad, she is actually being a great mother because she realizes what they need.

Well that about sums up my thought on the episode. Next week's 2 hour finale is going to be so good!!



What did you guys think of this week's episode? Are you happy with MJ and Andre's break up? Do you think Patrick is going to relapse if he moves out?  

xo, Londyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment